The 2021-2022 school year begins Tuesday, August 25. EUSD returns to a full-day, five-day schedule for this school year. The start and end times for all EUSD schools can be found here.
The Escondido Union School District continues to prioritize the safety and health of our students and employees as we resume full-time, on campus learning this year. Following are key components of the districtwide health and safety plan.
COVID-19 Dashboard: All confirmed COVID-19 cases related to Escondido Union School District campuses and offices will be posted to a dashboard. The dashboard separately counts individuals – students or staff members – with a confirmed positive test who attended during an infectious state. Community-related cases of those who have not come onto campus within close contact of other students and staff are counted separately. Close contact is defined as someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period starting from two days before illness onset until the time the patient is isolated; or two days before test specimen collection for asymptomatic patients.
Once the district learns of an individual who has tested positive at a school site or office, these steps are followed:
• Isolate individuals if present and advise of any required self-quarantine.
• Consult with local health officials.
• Clean and treat any affected areas.
• Contact trace within EUSD to determine close contacts.
• Immediately notify anyone within EUSD determined to have had close contact and advise of any required self-quarantine.
• Notify anyone who may have been in proximity, such as in the classroom, school, or office.
• Follow any additional recommendations from the San Diego County public health officials.
EUSD Safe School Reopening Plan: The reopening plan provides a comprehensive and detailed account of all measures put in place by EUSD to ensure the safest possible environment for operating our schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.